Thursday, April 1, 2010

Paleoparticle nicknamed 'Neutrinosaurus'

The Large Hadron Collider was put into operation just a couple days ago doing collisions successfully at 7 TeV and they already made some discovery. You can read the news article here. I find it funny that they nicknamed it ‘neutrinosaurus’. It sounded like something out of Domino’s Pizza menu. They said it was because of its repulsive appearance and prehistoric origins. To me ‘Neutrinosaurus’ sounded like something delicious. Anyway, it’ll be interesting to what else they’ll discover in the next year or two.

On another note, those people that claimed ‘black hole’ over LHC sure look silly now. I couldn’t believe it actually made a news piece here locally about LHC causing the end of the world. It was silly. I had a good chuckle over it. I hope those physicists discover how the universe came to be and good luck to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment